Thursday, May 7, 2015

The Mighty Green Bay

David was able to give us a quick tour of his new ship. He kept it pretty brief because he still gets lost when trying to get around. It is so much bigger than the Ramage, it was nice to see because I've never been on anything other than a destroyer and a battleship. It was really cool to see the different features of an amphibious ship. I love seeing the ship because it helps me imagine things better when David is telling me stories. David is really enjoying his new shipmates and his new job, so that is always a good thing. 
It's massive!!!
The flight deck, David is really excited that they can land 4 helicopters at once, or drive tanks and jeeps up there for the helos to pick them up and carry them away.
Obviously as it is the USS Green Bay there is a strong Packer theme
The well deck can be filled with water. The big gates in the back open up so they can drive amphibious craft in and out.
David's new room
View from the bridge
The mountain you see is pretty special to me, I wanted to get a picture of it with David's ship. I promise I will write about it soon!
David's desk

David's desk
 I thought painting was tricky business, until I saw these poor guys painting the ship while rocking away on a buoy.

1 comment:

  1. What a massive ship. Go Green Bay! Ironic that you hail from Packer Country and have actually been on Bay Beach Blvd. Great pic of "ChiChi" Mountain for Grandpa. So thankful that you can spend time together as a family.

    ReplyDelete