Friday, April 24, 2015

Wisteria Tunnel


Kawachi Fuji Gardens in Kitakyushu Japan is known worldwide for their wisteria tunnel. The flowers are absolutely gorgeous and the smell reminds you of warm, sweet spring days.  These beautiful flowers peak at the end of April to early May in Kyushu. Unfortunately we were about a week and a half too early to see them in full bloom, but we were able to avoid the crowds of Golden Week where most of the Japanese are off of work celebrating a week filled with national holidays. 




I love the old, twisted trunks of the Wisteria

 Maybe we will make it back next year for Eisley's Second Birthday. 
The Japanese love America babies and always ask to take pictures of/with them.

Here is a MAP for my fellow Adventurers.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I wish I could smell them too. We used to go to the Japanese Flower Gardens in Phoenix, AZ where they raised fields of flowers for the florist shops, one of my mom's favorite outings.

    ReplyDelete